Where the Site contains links to other third party websites, if you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information. Please check these policies before you provide any personal information to such third party websites.
- Personal information about you we may hold or collect
- How we may use your personal information
- Who we may disclose your personal information to
- How we protect your personal information
- Contacting us & your rights to access and update your personal information
- Our Cookies Policy
- Information we may collect about you
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or upload on the Site.
- If you contact us or if we contact you, we may keep a record of that correspondence or
details of any conversation we may have with you. Calls may be recorded.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you
do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Site and information collected through cookies and other tracking
technologies including, but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access in accordance with our Cookies Policy. Although this information is generally non-identifying, where it can be used to identify you we treat it subject to the same safeguards that we apply to personal information.
- From third parties as set out in paragraph III below.
We do not knowingly collect information relating to individuals who are under 16 years old.
- Uses made of your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to decide whether to enter into any proposed transaction with you including in certain circumstances, disclosing such information to third party anti-fraud or law enforcement agencies for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and crime (as further set out in paragraph III below);
- to recover any payments due to us and where necessary to enforce such recovery through the engagement of debt collection agencies or taking other legal action (including the commencement and carrying out of legal and court proceedings);
- to analyse it in order to understand the service we provide and in order to improve our business;
- to monitor calls and transactions to ensure service quality, compliance with procedures and to combat fraud;
- to notify you about changes to our services and products; and/or
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
We may also use your information for marketing our own and selected third parties’ products and services to you by post, email, SMS, phone and fax and, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing.
We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us, as set out in paragraph V.IV below.
- Disclosures to third parties
We may also permit selected third parties and agents to use your personal information, only for the purposes set out in paragraph 2 above who will be subject to obligations to process such information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy. Specific examples are set out in paragraphs III.II to III.VI below. All such disclosures will only be made in accordance with applicable laws.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and/or fraud is identified or suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies and law enforcement agencies and may be recorded by us or by them.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and other crime, for example when:
- reviewing applications for products (as outlined in paragraph 2 above);
- taking steps to recover payments due (as outlined in paragraph 2 above); and
- checking details of job applicants and employees.
We can provide the names and addresses of any agencies we use to counter fraud if you would like a copy of your information held by them. Please contact us at the address below. The agencies may charge a fee.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or in order to enable the Advertiser to comply with its regulatory requirements or dialogue with its regulators as applicable.
In the event that the Advertiser (or a part thereof) is (i) subject to negotiations for the sale of its business or (ii) is sold to a third party or undergoes a re-organisation, you agree that any of your personal information which it holds may be disclosed to such party (or its advisors) as part of any due diligence process or transferred to that re-organised entity or third party and used for the same purposes or for the purpose of analysing any proposed sale or re-organisation.
- Transmission, storage and security of your personal information
No data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislative requirements.
Your personal information may be accessed by staff or suppliers in, transferred to, and/or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in which data protection laws may be of a lower standard than in the EEA. Regardless of location or whether the person is an employee or contractor we will impose the same data protection safeguards that we deploy inside the EEA.
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose for which they were collected. Certain details and correspondence may be retained until the time limit for any legal challenges to the supply of the services has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data. Data may also be retained for or included in analysis carried out by us with respect to our business.
- Your rights & contacting us
Applicable data protection laws may give you the right to access certain personal information held about you. We will comply with our obligations to provide you with access to your personal information and to rectify any inaccuracies we are informed of in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where permitted to do so, complying with your request may be subject to a fee to go some way to meeting our associated costs.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal information is accurate. In order to assist us with this, you should notify us of any changes to the personal information that you have provided to us by updating your details by contacting us as set out in paragraph V.4 below.
- Contacting us
Phone: 0333 220 4369
Post: Ryce Building, Padholme Road East, Peterborough, PE1 5XL
- Cookies Policy